Monday, December 24, 2012

Monday Quiz - Christmas Eve Edition

Acting Balanced
I am participating in the Monday Quiz About Me today.  I haven't posted in a while and thought this would be an easy way to ease back in to it.  I have been visiting family, dealing with end of the semester grading (still ongoing), and trying to catch my breath.  So, without further ado, here is the quiz:


1. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
I have lots of favorites.  I love decorating the tree (even though we don't do anything too fancy) and pulling out all the decorations for the house and deciding where to put them.  I also love driving around looking at Christmas lights.  And, we have now started the Elf on the Shelf tradition with my daughter (3yo) and that has been a lot of fun!  

2. How does Santa manage to circle the world in one night?
Really fast reindeers.  And perhaps a bit of help from some Dr. Who kind of technology!  :) 

3. How does Santa deliver into your home?
He comes on Christmas Eve.  If we are at our house, we don't have a fireplace, so he has to come in a backdoor. :)  When at our in-laws, they have a fireplace, so he can come down through the fireplace.  Right now there is a pile of stuff there, so I already told my daughter that she has to clean out in front of it, or Santa will trip and fall on his way in with the presents!  :) 

4. How do reindeer fly?
In the same way that Santa has some Dr. Who type of technology, I think the reindeer have some My Little Pony magic happening! 

And now for my additional fifth question (feel free to respond in comments, especially with Pinterest links!)

5. What is your favorite Christmas food or recipe?
I love appetizers!  My favorite is probably meat and cheese trays with olives and such.  I really would like for Christmas to have no dinner - just brunch (I love breakfast food) and appetizers the rest of the days.  Meat and cheese trays, veggie trays, cheese and crackers, chips and dip, meatballs or Little Smokies in the crockpot (or both), etc.  Yum, yum...this year we are going to try to make this Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole tomorrow for brunch!  I'll let you know how it turns out!  


1 comment:

  1. My favourite christmas foods are cookies. We love my melting moments shortbread as well as my chocolate chews. I love the idea of munching all day long as well.

    ReplyDelete