Saturday, November 24, 2012

Recipe: Easy, Peasy Salsa Chicken

I read this recipe in a Weight Watchers magazine and thought it sounded so easy and so good!  If there is one thing I hate, it is a complicated recipe.  I will often choose recipes by the number of ingredients and/or the number of steps included in them.  So, this one really struck me as something that I can do AND that would taste good.  I was thinking it would be good over pasta as well.

According to the March/April 2012 WW magazine, you bring 1/2 c. salsa verde (a fave of my hubby's) to simmer in a skillet.  You then stir in 3/4 c. shredded cooked chicken breast (I am always looking for recipes to use up the roasted chicken you can get at Costco) and 1/2 c. rinsed and drained canned black beans (another fave of hubby's).  You cook this for 4 minutes and voila!  This recipe only makes 1 3/4 c. (recipe was written for one) so if you are cooking for a family, you probably want to bump everything up about 4 or 5 times what reads here.  But, it sure sounds good!

I think I will give it a try this week as I have all the ingredients on hand (a pretty amazing feat for me)!  If I do, I will post some pictures and a review!


No comments:

Post a Comment